Hello, and welcome to a super tasty and super easy chocolate chip cookie recipe. Of course it is vegan, HOWEVER, it is also an amazing cookie recipe and I would recommend that everyone tries it out because it made such good cookies.
This recipe was adapted from here.
1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds mixed with 2 tbsp water, leave to sit for 15 minutes)
170g sunflower butter
100g caster sugar
200g dark brown sugar
250g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 chocolate bar (cut up into chunks)
The two key parts that make this cookie amazing are using a chocolate bar as the chocolate chips, it means that you can have larger chocolate chips and add any flavour you want. Alongside, the dark brown sugar addsa lovely flavour to these cookies, although it isn’t necessary and you can just use caster sugar.
- Preheat the oven at 170 degrees.
- Mix together the chia egg, butter and sugar.
- Then add all the rest of the ingredients and mix together well, making sure everything is mixed well.
- Using you hands, mould the mixture into small balls and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Take out and leave to cool.
- Whilst the cookies are cooling make the icing. I chose to do some cookies with peanut butter and some with butter icing. I then added stars as I made these for my graduation party!
There you have it- a pretty simple and tasty cookie recipe. I made these for my graduation and they went down a treat, I also made some doughnuts if you are looking for sweet treat recipes!