Happy New Year! Welcome to 2017, fingers crossed that it is going to be even better than 2016.
So new years resolutions.. I love making them mostly because I love writing lists and ticking things off as I go. I know some people don’t believe in them but I think its nice to start your year off with positive thinking and ways to better yourself.
I’ve been writing this post since the 12th December so I’ve been thinking of things that I want to change/do/see for a while and this is what I came up with:
- I really want (need?) to become a better person. As this year closes to an end I’ve started to become highly aware of my flaws. Here are some traits I want to pick up:
- Be more giving
I’ve realised how I am actually quite a selfish person. I have a lot of room for improvement to be a nicer and more helpful human.
I really need to become more confident. Talk to people and not be afraid.
- Less worried/anxious
I spend too much of my life feeling anxious. I need to start letting things go, otherwise stress will be the death of me.
- Stay calm
- Become carefree/less controlling
In summary I just need to chill the fuck out.
- Have a job. Preferably one that I enjoy. (I got a job on the 28th December- wedding waitress which I definitely enjoy).
- Save at least 1 grand in the joint savings and 2 grand in my personal savings (work hard, basically.)
- Make friends. This relates to being more confident but my lack of confidence means I suck at striking up conversation.
- Yoga every damn day. I recently lost my yoga jam because I don’t have a yoga mat and I’ve been living in a camping situation. However, yoga mat has been ordered and is on its merry way. When I don’t do yoga my head feels all over the place.
- Think about running. I really want to start running or just doing any cardiovascular exercise to make me a bit fitter.
- Stop biting my nails!! This has been my new years resolution since I was about six. I really have to stop doing this.
- Give up face makeup. I am pretty much halfway there on this on, but I can finish it off this year. Not wearing foundation has been so good for my skin , my spots are almost gone so I even feel like I don’t need makeup.
- Dumpster diving! Save money and food wastage at the same time.
- Watch lots of films.
- Read lots of books
- Eat lots of food
This section starts to become my bucket list.
13. Dreads. Just two. I want two little dreadlocks, maybe even three. But I think it will look very cute. (One dread is already being worked on and I love it).
14. Waterfall. I need to find and get in a waterfall very soon. I really want to go cage diving with sharks, and without it costing me a million pounds.
15. Island. I want to go and visit some little islands on the coast of Australia. My research is lacking this part but anything green has my attention.
16. Learn to drive and get my learners permit.
17.Drive from the west coast to the east coast
18. Go to the east coast of Australia
19. See koala bears. In nature, naturally.
And that is all I can think of. My aim for this year is to be happy and enjoy everything that is thrown at me. My working holiday visa ends in November so I will (probably) be leaving Australia then. This year will be an Australian adventure and that makes me very excited.
I hope you enjoyed reading my new years resolutions and are inspired to make your own. Let me know what your new years resolutions are in the comments! My previous blog post was about what I did for Christmas– it was the strangest Christmas I have ever had.